Valley Republic Bank remains steadfast in our commitment to being local, responsive and reliable to our community and local businesses. We are stronger together and together, we will prevail through this crisis.
Paycheck Protection Program
Valley Republic Bank is dedicated to helping small businesses in our community during these challenging times. The Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) is one of the relief tools provided in the recently approved CARES Act. The PPP provides loans to qualified small businesses through the Small Business Administration (SBA). For more information regarding the PPP application process with Valley Republic Bank, please submit all inquires to PPP@valleyrepublic.bank.
In order to keep our community continuously informed with the most current Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) application information, Valley Republic Bank will send frequent PPP Newsletters addressing all various updates to the Program. Register to receive PPP newsletter.
We understand that criminals may take advantage of COVID-19 by using social engineering tactics such as; fraudulent websites, phone calls, emails, and text messages claiming to offer “help” but may be trying to trick people into knowingly or unknowingly providing Social Security numbers, bank account numbers, and other sensitive information.
Below are some examples of the types of scams you should be on the lookout for:
- Emails that appear to be from organizations such as the CDC (Centers for Disease Control), or the WHO (World Health Organization). The scammers have crafted emails that appear to come from these sources, but they actually contain malicious phishing links or dangerous attachments.
- Emails that ask for charity donations for studies, doctors, or victims that have been affected by the COVID-19 Coronavirus. Scammers often create fake charity emails after global phenomenons occur, like natural disasters, or health scares like the COVID-19.
- Emails that claim to have a "new" or "updated" list of cases of Coronavirus in your area. These emails could contain dangerous links and information designed to scare you into clicking on the link.
- Keep in mind, these are only a few examples and these scam artists are constantly coming up with new ways to fool you.
What Can You Do?
Remain cautious! Always remember the following to protect yourself from fraudlent activity:
- Never click on links or download attachments from an email that you weren’t expecting.
- If you receive a suspicious email that appears to come from an official organization such as the WHO or CDC, report the email to the official organization through their website.
- If you want to make a charity donation, go to the charity website of your choice to submit your payment. Type the charity’s web address in your browser instead of clicking on any links in emails, or other messages.
- Do not divulge your bank or credit card numbers or other personal information over the phone unless you initiated the conversation with the other party and you know that it is a reputable organization.
For informaiton from the American Bankers Association on fraud awareness, please click here.
COVID-19 Bank Precautions:
Valley Republic Bank's top priority is the safety and health of our customers, employees, community. We are actively monitoring information about COVID-19 and are following the guide from the World Health Organization (WHO), the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), federal, state, regional, and local authorities.
Valley Republic Bank has a comprehensive business continuity plan that is driven by our Crisis Management Team that meets regularly to monitor the situation and manage the Bank's response. Our team has been in contact with key vendors to ensure continuity of service. We want our customers and community to understand what steps the bank is taking in response to this evolving situation.
As part of our response, we are taking numerous precautions to ensure the safety of employees and customers, including:
- Encouraging any employee who has a fever or may be otherwise symptomatic to stay home and focus on their wellness
- Wearing gloves while handling cash and washing hands frequently
- Increased cleaning procedures and sanitizing teller stations and work areas frequently
- Testing employee's ability to working remotely
- Identifying key personnel who can be isolated to support our products and customers
- Implementing social distancing to keep a safe distance between people
- In order to help our customers bank remotely, we are encouraging the utilization of online banking, remote deposit capture, and mobile deposit services to minimize human interaction. Online banking and RDC allows customers to check balances, make payments, transfer funds, and deposit checks
- Requiring employees to work remotely and/or temporarily reducing staff levels in order to maximize social distancing and limiting face to face interaction
- Closing the lobbies of our branches while continuing to serve our customers through our drive-up teller stations, through online and remote banking services, and the user of electronic signatures to sign documents
While we implement these precautions, we will remain steadfast in our commitment to provided uncommon service through this period of uncertainty. Please reach out to your relationship manager if you have any questions about how any of our services can better help you bank remotely and better ensure the safety of your organization, employees, and family members. We hope you and our community remain safe and healthy.
Reduced Hours Due to COVID-19 Restrictions
Valley Republic Bank has temporarily closed the lobbies to our branch as a precaution COVID-19. Our drive-up windows are open to serve your banking needs with modified banking hours. You can also transact all of your banking via our electronic banking solutions through myVRB.
|Locations||Address||Hours of Operations||Phone Number|
|Main Branch/Administrative Office||5000 California Avenue Ste 110, Bakersfield, CA||Monday-Friday 9:00 AM-5:00 PM||661.371.2000|
|Grand Island Village Branch||11330 Ming Avenue Ste 400, Bakersfield, CA||Monday-Friday 9:00 AM-5:00 PM||661.617.2130|
|Riverlakes Branch||4300 Coffee Road Ste A6, Bakersfield, CA||Monday-Friday 9:00 AM-5:00 PM||661.615.5700|
|Delano Branch||500 Woollomes Avenue Ste 101, Delano, CA||Monday-Friday 9:00 AM-1:00 PM||661.778.1900|
|Fresno Loan Production Office||7541 N Remington Avenue, Fresno, CA||Monday-Friday 9:00 AM-5:00 PM||559.328.2030|
Access to Previous Communications from Valley Republic Bank